Saturday, October 21, 2006

Treasure maps

Althea Red Eye has an excellent point about using maps and X marks the spot. I had always thought that I marked the spot when I lifted my leg but I guess not. I found this treasure map on the internet. Maybe we can find the treasure under the X on this map.

I could go to Mapquest and type in where I am and "buried treasure." They have a map for everything, doncha-know.

Maps are a touchy subject around here. Mom and the dogs do a bit a traveling for the dog shows and Mom uses this big map book she calls Road Atlas. Kinda like the road warrior, harrr. Anyway she got a new one as a gift. I guess whoever buyed it, did not check the pages carefully and Mom says some Nincompoop removed the pages from West Texas to Utah while Road Atlas was still at the store. I haven't been any place between West Texas and Utah since then. I know CB, Juarez, Penny and Carmen went to Knoxville TN last year and that is not in Road Atlas. She must have gone by dead reckoning.

Everytime somebody mentions a map, we hear Mom go on and on about the Nincompoop. She gets pretty ballistic about it.

What kinda animal is a Nincompoop anyway? Maybe Althea Red Eye knows, she seems to be the brains of the operation. I think she can be the first mate.

6 comments:

Althea said...

Mav,
I'm not sure what a Nincompoop is. I'll have to ask my Dad. He knows about all kinds of animals, like Nimrods, Knuckleheads, and Marrons.

Sweet treasure map. I think I've seen that rock in my backyard. I'll check it out and report back Captain.

Later,
Althea

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Love the map. I'll be over to help soon.

The Army of Four said...

Harrr! We have lots of rocks in our yard - I should check 'em out!
Harrr!
Play bows,
Zim the Pirate

D'Azul Siberian said...

Everybody seems to have rocks like the one in the map. I have not seen a tree like that here. Well, Mom has a big paper folding one, does that count?

Selena

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I think the paper one does count. Just go 3 paces northeast of the paper tree and start digging!

D'Azul Siberian said...

The paper one is in a box in the basement marked luau. I'm digging under some wood by the chicken yard instead. Dig, dig, dig. Maybe I'll nab a frosty pear and take a break.